Monday, October 19, 2009

Success is what?

Success is very subjective. I would say success is dependent on whether a person is happy or not. A person could be filthy rich and miserable, just as a homeless person may be happy. Our society has framed this image of success correlating to money, and for a lot of reasons it makes sense. Money equals power now a days. Those who have money can get what they want and desire. The conflict portrayed by this is materialism. People believe they have everything yet they have nothing. Whether this is true or not I can not say. Success in my book, however, would be an amalgam of both. I would like to be a performing artist (i.e. rockstar). As unlikely and stereotypical as it is I do. I have pored all but maybe nine years of my life to reach this goal. I have put out demo’s, made shirts, put on countless shows, practiced my heart out on several instruments as well as other things. I don’t see my not being a rockstar yet as a failure because I find myself happy. I love playing in a band with people as well as performing live. I must say I haven’t made but a few hundred dollars but it is a goal I will strive to achieve because it is what I find fun and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment