Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks(for the break)giving

I have been raised with typical holidays. My family gets together and the appropriate traditions fallow. I don't agree with the original purposes for most holidays (e.g. Christmas, Easter). However, I think holidays serve a great purpose. They provide a time for families to get together and support the eager imaginations of children. Holidays are a great sense of optimism. This could be argued of course but for most people i believe it holds true. On an economical level holidays increase spending helping the economy. The health factor is not, however, a problem. Eating a bowl of gravy one day a year wont kill anyone... unless they have been smoking, drinking, and eating unhealthily all the time. This is where a bigger problem lies. Sports as well are a horrible drain on the economy. They turn people in to zombies (most likely drunk zombies at that).

No comments:

Post a Comment